The Abrasive Wheels in Construction course is delivered in line with the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, and the HSE’s HSG17 – Safety in the use of abrasive wheels. The course covers section and mounting of abrasive wheels used on bench grinders and portable machines (cut-off and grinding wheels) and we have also included sections on safe use of grinders, and diamond blades.
Venue : CTC South West Limited Training Centre / On site / At your premises
Price : £60+vat per person (Grants & Discounts available)
Date: Please see course calendar below, or call us to arrange a date.
Start Time: TBA
End Time: TBA
Duration: Half Day (3 hours)
Identification: Candidates will be required to bring photographic ID if possible
Facilities: Tea and coffee will be provided. Lunch is not provided.
This qualification provides candidates with:
- Sufficient information to mount and use abrasive wheels safely
- Knowledge concerning the different/correct materials available
- An understanding of the requirements of relevant legislation
- An outline of the legal requirements and obligations of operators and employers with respect to their “Duty of Care”.
We can also include sections on use of diamond blades and petrol cut-off saws as required.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Types and adjustments of guards
- The storage, maintenance and safety checks of abrasive wheels
- Markings and types of wheels
- Hands on practical in changing wheels
Designed for: This course will be suitable for any person who may be required to mount and/or use an abrasive wheel on any portable machine or bench/pedestal grinder.
Assessment method: Observation during practical session and multiple choice end test.
|Course||Code / Date||Time||Duration||Location||Cost / Availability|
11 December 2018
|09:00 - 12:00 (approx)||Half Day||Redruth, Cornwall||£65+vat