Venue : CTC South West Limited Training Centre
Price : £125+vat – Includes registration & publications. (Grants & Discounts available)
Date: Please see course calendar below, or call us to arrange a date.
Start Time: 08:30
End Time: 17:00 (approx)
Duration: 1 Day
Identification: Candidates will be required to bring photographic ID if possible
Facilities: Tea and coffee will be provided. A light lunch is provided.
This course is recognised by CSCS when applying for the green operatives card.
This qualification introduces candidates to:
- An understanding of the Health and Safety At Work Act 1974
- The duties and role of both the employer and employee
- Understand the ways and need to prevent accidents
- The requirement of risk assessments and method statements
- Understand their obligation to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
The training will cover the following topics:
- Introductions and objectives
- General responsibilities
- Accident prevention and reporting
- Health and welfare introduced
- Manual handling
- Work at height
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Emergency procedures and first aid
- Fire prevention and control
- Hazardous substances
- Electrical safety
- Hand-held equipment and tools
- Noise and vibration
- Site transport safety
- Excavations and confined spaces
- Safety signs and signals
Designed for: This course will be suitable for anyone new to site work or taking the CSCS test.
- Up-to-date in line with the official CITB syllabus as of September 2016
- Fully updated in line with the requirements of the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.