National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ’s) are developed and approved by people who work in the industry and are designed to measure a worker’s practical skills and job knowledge by assessing their work on-site. This makes them ideal for both workers and employers alike – helping experienced workers prove their skills, and giving employers the reassurance they need that workers can do the job.
Conform to General Workplace Safety
- Awareness of relevant statutory requirements and guidelines
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and warning/safety signs
- Personal behaviour in the workplace
- Security in the workplace
Conform to Efficient Work Practices
- Interpreting Information
- Planning and carry out productive, efficient working practices
- Working with others or as an individual
Move and Handle Resources
- Follow Instructions
- Adopting safe and healthy working practices
- Selecting materials, components and equipment
- Handling, moving and storage of materials and components by manual procedures and lifting aids
Erect and Dismantle Access/Working platforms
- Deciding upon the appropriate access/working platform needed to carry out various types of painting/decorating work, up to 2 metres high
- Erecting, checking for safety, then dismantling and storing of various access equipment on completion of a job.
- Demonstration of compliance with current legislation.
Prepare Surfaces for Painting/Decorating
Apply Paint Systems by Brush and Roller