£545+vat per person. The Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) delivered in Redruth, Cornwall by CTC South West Limited is an essential qualification for all construction site managers and construction company managers / directors. The SMSTS course is part of the CITB Site Safety Plus suite of courses, and is recognised throughout the UK. The SMSTS course is run at our training centre near Redruth and is easily accessible from throughout Cornwall as it is minutes from the A30.
Venue : CTC South West Limited Training Centre, Redruth, Cornwall
Price : £545+vat – includes registration and publications.
Date: Please see course calendar below
Start Time: 08:30
End Time: 16:30
Duration: 5 Days (1 day per week for 5 weeks – usually mid week dates)
Identification: Candidates will be required to bring photographic ID if possible
Facilities: Tea and coffee will be provided. A light lunch is provided.
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme health and safety course is one of the most highly regarded training courses within the construction industry. The United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all managers working on UKCG sites.
The course helps site managers (and anyone wanting to become a site manager) to develop a better understanding of the legal, moral and social responsibilities of their role, and to manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
Aims and Objectives
The course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare, and
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- Site Set Up
- Work at Height
- Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Confined Spaces
The SMSTS training course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the Construction Industry (and other workplaces), including;
It also includes recent changes in recognised best practice on construction sites.
For those who successfully complete the course, there is a recognised certificate that lasts for five years, after which candidates must sit the two day SMSTS Refresher course to renew the certificate and keep their qualification up to date.
- Up-to-date in line with the official CITB syllabus as of September 2016
- Fully updated in line with the requirements of the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
|Course||Code / Date||Time||Duration||Location||Cost / Availability|
|Site Managers Safety Training Scheme||171019/SMSTS|
19 October 2017
|08:15 - 17:00 (approx)||5 Days (Thursdays for 5 weeks)||Redruth, Cornwall||£545+vat