The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course delivered just outside Redruth in Cornwall by CTC South West Limited, is a highly regarded H&S training course specifically for Construction Site Supervisors and Occupational Supervisors. The SSSTS course has been designed by the CITB, and is recognised by industry bodies such as the UK Contractors group as being the standard training requirement for workers at a supervisory level.
If you are looking for something more advanced, take a look at the Site Managers Safety Training Scheme SMSTS – a 5 day course for managers and directors.
Venue : CTC South West Limited Training Centre
Price : £249+vat – Includes registration and publications.
Date: Please see course calendar below, or call us to arrange a date.
Start Time: 08:30
End Time: 16:30
Duration: 2 Days
Identification: Candidates will be required to bring photographic ID if possible
Facilities: Tea and coffee will be provided. A light lunch is provided.
This course is an ideal introduction for obtaining a basic understanding of health and safety duties and responsibilities for junior management and is especially aimed at gang supervisors or foremen on sites.
The aim is to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their indentified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out site inspections, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need
The course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry. To include:
- Health and Safety Law
- Developing a Health and Safety Management System
- Occupational Health
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Hazardous Substances
- CDM Regulations
- Working At Height
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and First Aid
It also includes recent changes in accepted working practices. For those who successfully complete the course there is a recognised certificate.
Designed for: This course is for first line managers – those who have, or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site.