Apply for a Green Labourers CSCS card

If you don’t have a qualification that’s accepted by CSCS, but you work in a skilled trade, your best option is to get qualified with an NVQ. If you are an experienced worker, you can do it via on-site assessment and training (OSAT), otherwise you can do a traditional college based apprenticeship. Once you have done that, you can apply for a skilled worker card.

If you are a labourer, or you don’t want to get a qualification, you can apply for a green labourer’s card.

There are 3 steps to this process:

  1. Do a recognised qualification. You can do it online here :
  2. Take the operatives level Health, Safety and Environment Test. This is done at your local Pearson Vue test centre (where they do the driving theory exams). You need to book it in advance here:
  3. Apply for the card. Head over to the CSCS website, create an account and apply for the card: