The Emergency First Aid Course provides candidates with:
- A basic knowledge of first aid skills required in low-risk workplaces
- The confidence and ability to perform basic first aid calmly and confidently in the event of an emergency
- The chance to demonstrate their understanding and gained knowledge
About the Emergency First Aid Course in Cornwall
The Emergency First Aid Course programme will cover the following key areas:
- Understanding the role of the first aider
- Importance of avoiding cross infection
- Dealing with the unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor wounds
The Emergency First Aid Course in Cornwall is designed for: The course is suitable for persons from a range of industries to include managers, supervisors, operatives, office staff or any person who has been carefully selected to ensure that they are capable of taking on the responsibility of the first aider in their specific area of work.
For the safety of yourself and others, it is recommended, if you are currently or have recently been pregnant to check with your GP before attending this course.
It is the responsibility of the employer to choose a person who can physically fulfil the role of a first aider in the workplace.
- back, neck, arm or knee problems
- rupture or hernia
- heart disease, high blood pressure, bronchitis, asthma or chest problems
- blackouts, seizures or epilepsy
Please note that we reserve the right to prevent you from completing your course if you do attend with any of these problems or if you are pregnant and we feel that you will put yourself or others in danger.
Delegates will need a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Delegates will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
Additional documents : Delegate Pack
By booking with us, you are agree to our Terms and Conditions.
A few things to consider when making your booking...
Some great reasons to book with us...
You'll get a CTC South West certificate that is recognised throughout the construction industry.
What’s included in the price?
There are no hidden fees. The course price includes everything you need, so please check when booking with other providers:
Our training centre
If you choose to use our training centre, you'll have the perfect learning environment: