The Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Course is an essential qualification for all construction site supervisors. It’s part of the CITB Site Safety Plus suite of courses, and is recognised throughout the UK.
The SSSTS course is aimed at construction site supervisors, and because of this is it focused on the practicalities of supervising workers on a construction site. Our course is tutored by experienced builders, who have worked in the trade before and know the reality of being a construction supervisor.
If you are looking for something more advanced, take a look at the Site Managers Safety Training Scheme SMSTS – a 5 day course for managers and directors.
This course is an ideal introduction for obtaining a basic understanding of health and safety duties and responsibilities for junior management and is especially aimed at gang supervisors or foremen on sites.
The aim is to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their indentified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out site inspections, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need
SSSTS Outline programme
The course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry. To include:
- Health and Safety Law
- Developing a Health and Safety Management System
- Occupational Health
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Hazardous Substances
- CDM Regulations
- Working At Height
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and First Aid
It also includes recent changes in accepted working practices. For those who successfully complete the course there is a recognised certificate.
Designed for: This course is for first line managers – those who have, or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site.
A few things to consider when making your booking...
Some great reasons to book with us...
You'll get a CITB certificate that is recognised by the HSE and throughout the construction industry. But just to make you aware, certificates are sent out by CITB, and this can take 2-3 weeks.
If you've done a 1 day Health and Safety Awareness course with us, your certificate is recognised by CSCS to get the green labourers card.
What’s included in the price?
There are no hidden fees. The course price includes everything you need, so please check when booking with other providers:
Our training centre
Our training centre offers the perfect learning environment: